Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014 Book Resolutions (1 Month Late)

This year will be the first full year for my blog! I am hoping that if I organize some reading goals I will have a better chance of actually getting them achieved. I have always been an avid reader but I tend to get easily distracted by a new, or at least new to me, shiny book glittering beautifully on the shelves of bookstores, Amazon, Goodreads (one of my favorite places on the internet), or the blogs of fellow book lovers. Yes, I also purchase almost every book bargain that I feature here on this blog and I definitely grab every freebie, so much Kindle runneth over! I needed a plan. When I started this blog back in August of last year I had no idea what I was in for. There's so much out there that I had no clue about! Thanks to fellow bloggers, the kindness of readers who stop by here, and people who send me emails to let me know of something they think I may enjoy reading, my want to read list is HUGE and I love it! This blog is a one woman show so I don't even try anymore to stay up on every new "hot" book or author, but I do try to to keep up on things within my favorite genres. 

I am a big fan of series and I have decided that 2014 will be the Year of the Series around here. Now, I know that I will stray relentlessly and I am alright with that. I have some favorite authors who will be releasing books throughout the year and I will always make time for them. I also know that there are more authors out there that I have yet to discover and fall in love with. I look forward to finding each and every one of them, so if you know of an author that fits in with the type of books that you see here on this blog please feel free to comment below or send me an email. Or if you have a blog or site with your 2014 wish list leave a link below so I can visit too! I love to hear from fellow romance lovers and I respond to everyone-eventually. Don't worry there will be plenty more than just books in a series this year, getting through these series is just my personal reading goal for this year. 

I also hope to discover and read more romances that feature main characters from all different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. There are some great authors out there already burning up this genre, but I am a greedy reader and want more! The world is not homogeneous and I don't want the romances that I read to be either. So, without further ado I present my somewhat ambitious, but totally doable list!

Book Resolutions:

I am participating in the 2014 Fans of IRR Romance A to Z Challenge

Read the Ghostwalkers Series by Christine Feehan

Read the Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series by Felicity Heaton

Catch up on the Blood Curse by Tessa Dawn

Read the Fever Series by one of my favorite authors Karen Marie Moning

Catch up on the Deadwood Humorous Mystery Series by Ann Charles

Read the Artist Trilogy by Karina Halle

Catch up on the Immortals After Dark Series by another of my favorite authors Kresley Cole

Read the Blackstone Affair Trilogy by Raine Miller

Read the Reaper's MC Series by Joanna Wylde

Read the Tangles Series by Emma Chase

Read the Masters at Arms series by Kallypso Masters

Read the Colter's Legacy Series by Maya Banks

Read the KGI Series by Maya Banks

and finally 

Read 20 books from my Goodreads To Read List and at least 10 of the boxed book bundles that I keep buying!

Whew! I hope I make it through this list-wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)