Monday, January 4, 2016

Monica's Favorite Reads of 2015


I read a lot in 2015! I read or listened to the audio version of 231 books last year. I still have trouble believing that I was able to log that many stories last year. I have to say Audible is pretty addictive! It is great to have a story going while doing the mundane and boring things that have to be done like housework and driving. I didn't review every single book that I experienced last year, but if you are interested, you can see my entire list from 2015 on Goodreads.  I am doing the book challenge again this year and my goal is another 150 books, but my content goal is a little different for 2016. I am challenging myself to enjoy what I already have, so I am working on my enormous backlog of books. 

I have been exposed to many new to me authors over the last year as well as enjoying stories from my tried and true authors. My favorites list is pretty eclectic and if you missed my original reviews for these, I hope that you click through and check them out. In order for a book to be on my list this year, it has to be one that I have no doubt that I will read again and again. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful 2016 and get to enjoy lots of new authors and stories over the coming year!



If you enjoy richly woven historical/fantasy romances CHAINED by Elise Marion is a must read. I will admit that I haven't read the rest of this series yet, but I will be fixing that soon! You can read my review of this one here. By the way this little gem is free at time of posting!



This fantasy romance features a M/F/M romance that fits so seamlessly into the story that the menage makes perfect sense. This one was a new venture into menage for me and I was thrilled that I gave this one a go. I am looking forward to continuing the Arena Dogs journey Allden has begun with this series. The only problem with giving this one a try is that book 2 isn't out yet, so we have to wait to continue.  You can read my review of this one here.

I began my love affair with this couple in the novella SLOW BURN and was so excited to get a full story in GIVE AND TAKE. This story is sweet yet sexy and all of the characters are engaging. Eden grabbed me and led me through a great story, but ya'll... CLIFFHANGER! I am sufficiently recovered from that blow, but yeah-Tigris put us out of our misery soon please! You can read my review of this one here

Shelly Laurenston is so great at providing her readers with strong women who are determined, independent, and also likable in her paranormal romances. I have yet to read a Laurenston book that I didn't enjoy. There's always wicked humor in her stories and THE UNLEASHING is no exception. I am definitely looking forward to getting book 2 THE UNDOING, when it's released March 29th. (My book challenge ends April 1st so I won't be too far behind!) You can read my review here.


What can I say? I am a HUGE fan of the Battaglia series and I can't seem to get enough. If you are looking for a unique take on an unconventional romance within the world of the Mafia, this is a series you shouldn't miss. The passion between Giovanni and Maribella is not only erotic but enduring. The secondary characters in this series are complex and prove to be just as important to the storylines as the main couple. I'm looking forward to a Battaglia fix hopefully sometime this year! You can read my review of this one here

So, I'm cheating a bit with this one. I read it as a bundle and not individually, so I am counting it as one read! Even if you are not a fan of New Adult writing because of the angst, I would encourage you to read this one anyway. Twyla Turner has a flair for telling a story that feels real. Turner is one of the authors that I have languishing in my Kindle that I am looking to reading soon. You can read my review of this one here


I enjoy Kristen Ashley's writing so much, and WALK THROUGH FIRE is an example of why. I love a man who loves his babies, and bad ass biker High loves his daughters. High is rough and jagged around the edges, but Ashley can still make you love him. I can always count on a KA book to give me an enjoyable contemporary romance that I am bound to read more than once. You can read my review of this one here.  

4 comments:

  1. love this list Monica...I'll have to check some of these out. I have Chained, I will get to it this year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading what you think of Chained. I really enjoyed and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

      Delete
  2. I loved Stealing Mercury... Get off my list! Lol. But check out Cynthia Sax series it is not the same but it is so hard to find good scifi http://www.amazon.com/Releasing-Rage-Cyborg-Sizzle-Book-ebook/dp/B00ZOL1DRO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451941777&sr=8-4&keywords=cynthia+sax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! ;) I actually have book 1 in her Cyborg series, but I haven't read it yet. Maybe I'll get to read it during my buying hiatus! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)