Thursday, May 15, 2014

Surrender to You by C.S. Janey



Synopsis:

Stefan never thought she’d come home… 
After five long years, she’s within his reach and he’s determined to find out what she kept hidden from him, while hoping that his own secret won’t tear them apart again. 

Simon never expected to fall in love with her… 
Asking her out had been impulsive, but suddenly the Doctor is falling for this woman who makes him ache like nobody else ever has and he’s determined to make her his. 

Elizabeth never knew she’d feel so strongly for two men… 
Torn between the love of an ex she pushed away in the past and the love of a new man that makes her feel alive again, she must make a decision that will ultimately result in a broken heart for one of them. 

When tragedy strikes, will she be confident in her final decision? 

(Contains mature content and adult language; suitable for 17+.) 

Excerpt

Finally able to get off the plane, I sat until the initial rush of people had passed, then grabbed my carry on from above and exited. Letting out a sigh, I entered the boarding area and looked around for my mother’s bright red hair. Not seeing her, I looked down at my phone and turned off airplane mode, seeing a text message pop up as I regained service. 
“Looking for me?” 
Son of a… 
At the deep voice, shock and irritation flooded through me. Turning to my right, my eyes landed on Stefan Pierce standing there with his hands in his pockets, the scowl on his face at odds with the gleam in his dark blue eyes. I couldn’t tell if he was happy to see me or royally ticked off. Probably the latter, since he’d no doubt been wrangled into coming to pick me up from the airport. 
I, on the other hand, would be having a nice long chat with my mother when I got home. 
“Nope, I wasn’t. I guess I’m gonna be renting a car since the person who was supposed to pick me up didn’t show.” 
Now it was his turn to be shocked and I had to hold back a smile as his mouth dropped open just a little. Before he could say anything, I started to walk away, heading toward baggage claim. 
“Didn’t you bother to check your text messages? Or did you just assume nothing ever changes?” 
I stopped abruptly and whirled around. “Wow, you’re a bright one aren’t you? When would you have liked me to check my messages, on the airplane? Perhaps you didn’t notice I was looking down at my phone about to do that very thing when you said ‘looking for me’ so arrogantly?” 
He blinked. “I wasn’t —” 
“Yeah, you were. Now get lost.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)