Sunday, February 7, 2016

African Writers To Get To Know


As I sit here at six o'clock in the morning having my first cup of coffee and going through my email, I see the message that author Harper Miller has shared a link to an article at Literary Hub. Whenever I see a link shared by someone who reads a wide variety of books I am always curious to see what they are sharing, and this link lead straight to a treasure trove of African writers that I had never even heard of. Sadly, when I think of African writers, I only know two right away. Chinua Achebe (THINGS FALL APART) and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (HALF A YELLOW SUN). This is why I absolutely love having book friends who are not homogeneous. There is nothing wrong with being loyal to only one genre in reading if that is your thing, but oh boy, do I get excited when I discover new book goodness. Yes, I know this is what contributes heavily to my backlog of books and gets me distracted from my reading goals all while making my monthly book budget disappear in a flash. BUT-look at this list folks! SO much shiny reading goodness that I had to add many of the titles to my 'need to have or may fade away' list. 

Happy Reading!
Monica

25 NEW BOOKS BY AFRICAN WRITERS YOU SHOULD READ

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! One of my goals this year is to read more international authors, so I’m very interested in this list.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)