Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss


Everyone who knows me knows that I have been reading romances since high school. The Wolf and the Dove was my very first romance and I was hooked! I still go back and read it every now and again just for the joyful nostalgia. However, as with most things, as I have gotten older my experience reading this one has changed over time. Now reading it, I see that the initial sexual relationship between Wulfgar and Aislinn is not consensual in the beginning, or at least dubious consent at best. The love scenes are fade to black, but at 16 that just made it all the better for me. I thought that it was the utmost in hotness! Oh, the sweet innocence of yesterday... This one still makes me smile every time that I see it. I even found an old copy at one of my local Goodwill stores that is a treasure because it is in such good condition. It's the original cover with that crazy red coloring around the page edges! SCORE! And yes, I do own this as an eBook too-no judging!

So this Throwback Thursday feature is one that truly makes me happy. Do you remember your first romance novel? If so, do you ever go back and read it just for old times sake? Or is that just for book nerds like me? 

Happy Reading!
Monica

(Here's the little gem that made me squeal in the aisle at Goodwill. Ain't she pretty?)


The Wolf

Noble Aislinn grieves as the Iron Wolf and his minions storm through her beloved Darkenwald. And she burns with malice for the handsome Norman savage who would enslave her. . .even as she aches to know the rapture of the conqueror′s kiss.

The Dove

For the first time ever, mighty Wulfgar has been vanquished--and by a bold and beautiful princess of Saxon blood. He must have the chaste, sensuous enchantress who is sworn to his destruction. And he will risk life itself to nurture with tender passion a glorious union born in the blistering heat of hatred and war.

3 comments:

  1. yep. read this and ALL the "Avon Ladies" I regret nothing! Still have my original "The Flame and the Flower."

    ReplyDelete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)