Thursday, October 27, 2016

Spook Lights: Southern Gothic Horror by Eden Royce



My last Throwback Thursday feature isn't a really old release, it was published just last year, but it is very fitting as a final book feature for October. Now, I'm not even gonna lie, this set of stories may be too much for me. The beautiful cover that really invokes spookiness, the fact that it's Southern Gothic horror (which can seriously freak me out), and the blurb all point to stories that this chicken reader may not be able to handle! I'm intrigued by this set of stories, I really am. I just don't know if I could handle them without nightmares following. Maybe I'll be brave enough to try this one out-maybe.

Happy Reading!
Monica


Pull up a rocking chair and sit a spell. Soak in these tales of Southern Gothic horror: 

Sinister shopkeepers whose goods hold the highest price, a woman’s search for her mother drags her into the binding embrace of a monster, a witchdoctor’s young niece tells him a life-altering secret, an investigator who knows how to keep a 100% confession rate…. 

These are stories where the setting itself becomes a character—fog laced cemeteries, sulfur rich salt marshes—places housing creatures that defy understanding and where the grotesque and macabre are celebrated. 

6 comments:

  1. I will have to check this out! Horror is one of my favorite genres for books and movies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of your bravery and I hope that you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring Spook Lights! Please don't let the word "horror" deter you from reading this collection. Southern Gothic is subtle, atmospheric, and --hopefully-- leaves you with just the right amount of chill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by Eden. I'm trying to expand my reading so I may Spook Lights is definitely on my radar.

      Delete
  3. Now this sure sounds like my kind of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come back & let me know how you liked it once you read it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)