Friday, March 31, 2017

March Book Haul

I had a good month for book buying that was bitter sweet. My family and I are getting read for our big move from Arkansas to New Mexico, and because of that I have to severely curb my impulse to haunt the thrift stores and collect stacks of bargain books. To be honest, this isn't a bad thing since my book buying sometimes gets a little out of control. So for the next few months I won't be buying many books. Oh, I'll still pick up a book or two as I go along, but I will be much more restrained and my hubby will greatly appreciate that! 

My local library held a book sale and I found three bags of goodies to add to my collection. I also place my last Book Depository order for a few months and grabbed a few books that I had been wanting. In my Book Depository order I was reminded that it's important to double check the measurements on paperback books. I thought that I was getting a trade size copy of Who Fears Death and ended up with a mass market one. I will probably read it and if I really enjoy it the way that I expect to, I will replace it later with a trade size. I always like to get a trade or hard back copy of books that I plan on keeping and rereading. For me, mass market books are for reading and passing along or donating to a thrift store for the next person to enjoy. That's why I usually only buy them from thrift stores and I won't pay more than a dollar for them. At the library books sale all paperbacks are only fifty cents, so there was no hesitation for me to pick up a whole stack of mass markets to read and eventually pass along. It's a quirk of mine because I don't like the way mass markets fit in my hand. Give me a solid floppy trade paperback any day!

I hope that you all had a good month of reading and book buying! Without further ado, here's my month of books.



My three bags of library book sale goodies.






My Book Depository Order for March



2 comments:

  1. I also don’t like mass market paperbacks. They’re ugly, hard to hold, and have tiny font. Nope. Nope. Nope. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AJ! You are right about ALL of that! ;)

      Delete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)