Thursday, June 1, 2017

May Reading Wrap Up

I had a pretty good reading month in May. I enjoyed pretty much everything that I read and listened to. I managed to finish four books and listened to two audio books. I pulled out eight books to keep with me during our move and I managed to read three of them, plus an ARC of a book that was released this week. Pretty good for a life in chaos! I hope that you all had a good reading month.



   I haven't written a full review for The Ninth Rain (The Winnowing Flame Trilogy #1) by Jen Williams but it was an interesting story with a unique world. Williams did an excellent job with the world building and character development. The ending left me ready to get the next book in the series when it becomes available. I also enjoyed it enough that I want to look up her other series, The Copper Cat series. These are British releases and for some reason weren't release to the U.S. market, but it is easy enough to get copies through the Amazon marketplace or Book Depository.

The Hoodoo Man and Green Money were added to my favorite reads list. I loved these quick and enjoyable reads so much! You can read my full review of Hoodoo Man here. I haven't written a review for Green Money, but it was just as good as the first two books in the series!

Finally, I read Cold Flash (Muriel Mabley #2) by Carrie H. Johnson. Johnson delivered another page turner that I also added to my favorite reads list. You can read my full review of this one here


Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley was a pretty good contemporary romance. I gave the back story for Marcus and Daisy from Ashley's Rock Chick series. I really enjoyed all of the Rock Chick books, and they are excellent audio book listens! However, I am not exactly sure why I didn't love this one, but it was just an average listen for me. Susannah Jones is the narrator and her performance was solid. Jones performance of Daisy's voice was very much how I imagined Daisy would sound. My lack of love for this one may simply be that I was never overly interested in Daisy as a character. I feel bad about that because Daisy survived some awful things and I should have felt more invested in her happiness. All in all, I am glad that I listened to Rock Chick Reawakening, it was a short listen so no harm no foul. 


Complicated by Kristen Ashley is an Audible exclusive, so it's only available as an audio book at the moment. I enjoyed the push and pull of the relationship between Greta and Hixon. However, the reason for Hixon's divorce made me roll my eyes. It was so childish and ridiculous, that it was almost unbelievable. Greta's was a great character though, and I found her completely likable. KA always gives her readers interesting secondary characters and she came through with good secondary characters in Complicated as well. I will gladly buy the next audio book in this world if there are more to come. Another entertaining 'grown up' contemporary romance from KA. The narrators, Lance Greenfield and Erin Mallon, both did excellent jobs. I am a fan of deep masculine voices, so I particularly enjoyed Greenfield's performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)