Thursday, October 4, 2018

Photo Challenge Day 4: Book By An Asian Author

For day 4 of For Colored Girls Book Club's photo challenge: Book By An Asian author. I've chosen Sorcerer To The Crown by Zen Cho for this one. It's been a while since I enjoyed and read Sorcerer To The Crown. It's been so long, I had to go check Goodreads thinking I had missed the second book in the series, but I haven't. It looks like there will be a second book releasing in March of 2019. I'll have to keep my eye out for it and possibly reread it before moving to the newest installment. I'm posting my short review below. 


Sorcerer to the Crown is a pretty fast paced and enjoyable story. Zacharias was the most interesting character for me but it was hard for me to actually like Prunella. The world building was done very nicely. The inclusion of the social and political difficulties that faced both Zacharias and Prunella was also incorporated well. Some of the things that they had to deal with were realistically frustrating. Although this book is a little over 300 pages I still wished that there had been more. Sorcerer To The Crown is a good debut novel and an interesting beginning of the series. I'm looking forward to reading more from Zen Cho. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)