Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Nearly Departed in Deadwood by Ann Charles Review



This is the awesome introduction to the Deadwood Humorous Mystery series and boy does it live up to its title! I started laughing on page one and continued throughout the book. Violet Parker is a fantastic protagonist. She has body issues, parenting issues, career issues, and an absent love life. All of this makes for great fiction. I can't remember the last time I snickered this much reading a book. This is now a favorite and I can't wait to jump into book 2. One of many favorite quotes from the book "I felt as sociable as a hemophiliac at a vampire convention." Come on-who says that? Violet that's who! And she says frickin' frack which happens to be one of my favorite swear phrases and to see that in a story made my day. The mystery is truly a mystery here. There are many people who could have ended up being the bad guy and I was actually relieved to find out who the culprit was. There are great secondary characters as well. Harvey, Doc, Natalie, and even Ray all do there parts to make this one heck of a book. Oh, Addy and Layne, I love that these kids are written with personalities we readers can actually recognize as real. More than one problem is solved for Violet by the end of book 1 but the ending definitely sets up more troubles for our Violet to tackle in book 2. Now to find a pair of purple cowboy boots...

Happy Reading!
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)