Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The First Confessor by Terry Goodkind Review


I thoroughly enjoyed this first book in The Legend of Magda Searus series. I'm a Goodkind fan, and I've even forgiven him for allowing them to tarnish the Sword of Truth series with that terrible television show. It's okay Terry, let's never speak of it again... This however, lived up to my expectations of a Goodkind story and I look forward to the next installment. This was shorter than the books found in the Sword of Truth series, but he packed a lot story and information into those pages. I loved Magda's back story and that she is a strong willed and smart character. The way that the confessor, sword of truth, and the D'Haran bond came to be was great. The dream walkers still creep me the heck out, but I love it. This is not a true prequel and I think that you will actually enjoy this more if you have read the other series first. If you are a fan of Goodkind this will hopefully be as enjoyable read for you as it was for me, at the very least it will give you some of he answeres you may have had from before. The First Confessor actually makes me want to reread the series-oh if only I could do nothing but read all day long. 

Happy Reading!
Monica


Description:

In the time before the Confessors, when the world is a dark and dangerous place, where treason and treachery are the rule of the day, comes one heroic woman, Magda Searus, who has just lost her husband and her way in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)