Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain Series #2) by Kristen Ashley Review


Sweet Dreams is book 2 in the Colorado Mountain Series and is the story of Lauren and Tate. Lauren, a.k.a "Ace", a.k.a "Flower Petal" is a 42 year old recently divorced woman trying to find a safe place to land and become the woman she wants to be. Tate Jackson, a.k.a. "Captain" is a 44 year old ex cop, bounty hunter and part owner of Bubba's Bar. Ashley has sucked me in again and I truly enjoyed this story. I did not want to like Tate. Tate is a jerk a lot during this book and he used the "b" word liberally and he does not use a filter often when speaking to people. Despite his lack of "manners" and general jerkiness, Ashley was still able to make me like him. I can't believe that I fell for the okie doke, just like so many women in both fiction and reality who see past the jerk and fall for the generous, loving, and protective man beneath the outer caveman. 

I am so glad that I am doing this count down to the release of Jagged. Ashley is wonderful at character development and again the secondary characters she created like Jim Billy, Shambles, Sunny, Wood, Betty, Ned, Krystal, Bubba, and even the dreaded Neeta are all important and fully fleshed out additions to the story. Ashley has again delivered passion, romance, mystery, and drama to her readers and I am hooked. There re a few editing hiccups but it doesn't distract me from enjoying the story at all. I am thoroughly enjoying Ashley's writing and can't believe that I have missed out on these over the years. Now, I'm on to book 3! 

Happy Reading!
Monica

If you would like to see the review of book 1, The Gamble, you can click
here to read it.

Amazon

Amazon Book Description of Sweet Dreams:

She's ready for the ride of her life . . .

Lauren Grahame is looking to reinvent herself. After leaving her cheating husband, Lauren moves to Carnal, Colorado, and gets a job as a waitress in a biker bar called Bubba's. It's a nothing job in a nowhere joint . . . until Tatum Jackson walks in. Lauren has never seen a man with such good looks, muscles, and attitude. But when he insults her, Lauren doesn't want anything to do with him. Too bad for Lauren he's also the bar's part owner and bartender.


When the rough-around-the-edges Tate meets the high-class Lauren, he thinks she won't fit in at Bubba's. Yet there's more to Lauren than meets the eye, and Tate soon sets his mind on claiming her as his own. Before long, the desire burning between them is heating up the cold mountain air. But when violence strikes the town, Tate must reveal a dark secret to Lauren-one that may put an end to their sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)