Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Hathor Legacy: Outcast by Deborah Bailey



The hardest reviews for me to write are the ones where I don't have a strong opinion one way or another for the book. I didn't hate this book but I didn't love it either. The story left me feeling, well, nothing. I didn't particularly connect with the characters and suffered mild annoyance because the story felt incomplete. The dialogue felt stilted and I had more questions than answers for what happened and why. I could chalk that up to this being a novella length story at only 182 pages, but I have read novellas and even short stories that left me feeling like I experienced a complete story. Sorry, but this just didn't do it for me. 

Happy Reading!

Monlat

Amazon

Synopsis:

On the planet, Hathor, a powerful group called the Guardians serves as the security force for Novacorp, the corporation that runs Hathor with its ruthless monopoly. Nadira, as one of the most powerful Guardians, is expected to use her intuition and telekinetic powers to keep the capital city safe from thieves and intruders.

Jonathan Keel, son of a mine CEO on the nearby planet, Astarte, is wealthy, privileged and used to getting what he wants. When his father goes missing after a robbery and explosion at the mine, he defies the authorities and heads to Hathor to search for him and for the robbers.

Security is on high alert and Nadira is charged with protecting Jon. She rescues him from an vicious attack and discovers that the Guardians have another agenda that has nothing to do with solving the crime.

Jonathan finds evidence of his father's possible involvement, while his attraction to Nadira forces her to confront all she has known about being a Guardian, especially the rule to put duty before her personal feelings.


Struggling with their growing desires, and chased by company security, Jon and Nadira flee the city. But solving the crime leads them to endure betrayals from the people closest to them, as secrets are revealed that not only link their pasts but also threaten to destroy Jon's family and separate him from Nadira forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)