Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tempted (Alex Kennedy #1) by Megan Hart Review




The first thing that came to mind when I finished this book is that it could have so easily been a much longer book and I would have happily continued to read it. Hart does an excellent job connecting this very unusual love triangle together. The story of Anne, James, and Alex is a complex and often uncomfortable one. Anne and James have a marriage that many would consider successful. They are comfortable with each other and are finding ways to successful navigate their families, who have their own set of problems and dysfunctions. However, when Alex, James' estranged best friend from high school arrives things become messy and entangled for all three of them. 

With secrets, half truths, and an unconventional agreement between Anne, James, and Alex their summer proves to be an emotional roller coaster for all of them. Even for James, who likes to be purposely oblivious to conflict, has to face the problems that inevitably arise. Hart also builds secondary characters that I would love to have known much more about. Anne's sisters are secondary to this story, but I would have loved to have gotten bigger glimpses into their lives. I know why Hart needed to keep her story fairly tight, but I would have loved to see further into Anne's family. I really did enjoy this book but be warned the ending isn't exactly a HEA.

Happy Reading!
Monica

Book Description:

I had everything a woman could want...

My husband, James. The house on the lake. Our perfect life. And then Alex came to visit. The first time I saw my husband's best friend, I didn't like him. Didn't like how James changed when he was around, didn't like how his penetrating eyes followed me everywhere. But that didn't stop me from wanting him. And, surprisingly, James didn't seem to mind.

It was meant to be fun. Something the three of us shared for those hot summer weeks Alex stayed with us. Nobody was supposed to fall in or out of love. I didn't need another man, not even one who oozed sex like honey and knew all the secrets I didn't know, the secrets my husband hadn't shared. After all, we had a perfect life. And I loved my husband.

But I wasn't the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)