Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Darkfever (Fever #1) by Karen Marie Moning Review



Writing this review makes so very sad. I am a big fan of KMM and the bloggers/reviewers whose opinions I respect and have read this book all seem to have enjoyed this book so much more than I did. I thought that this would be a no brainer for me and I would be swept away and love every minute of this book; unfortunately that is not what happened. I like the book enough to continue on with the series, but it was a struggle for about the first third of the book. Dare I say it aloud? Yes, I will. I didn't particularly like MacKayla (Mac) very much in the beginning of the book and if it weren't for the fact that I was hell bent on enjoying this book I probably would have stopped reading it pretty early on. However, I am happy that I didn't because it seems that going from blonde to brunette helped Mac's personality quite a bit. Read into that what you will, it's the truth! I know that much more played into Mac's transformation but the hair color was symbolic as well as necessary. Please don't contact me saying that I am prejudiced against blondes, some of my best friends have blonde hair. I no longer had to fight the urge to roll my eyes at her thoughts and actions by the end so that helped a lot too.

The story picks up at the halfway point and I definitely enjoyed the characters of Barrons and V'lane. KMM can absolutely write some amazing alpha males. I will continue with the series, but I am going to pick up a few other books before I go back to his series. I'm still reeling from the fact that KMM wrote something that I didn't fall head over heels in love with. When I have sufficiently recovered from this emotional blow I will return to the Fever world refreshed and ready to be swept away. Hopefully.

Happy Reading!
Monica


2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of this author's work before. Sorry you didn't like this book, but that happens sometimes. I'll have to look up this author on Goodreads. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out her Highlander series, I really enjoyed them!

      Delete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)