Monday, February 15, 2016

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller Review


I'm jumping ship. I just can't anymore. I'm on chapter 13 and if I read one more line about the perfection of Achilles and the extreme inadequacy of Patroclus I'm going to punch a wall. I won't give this a star rating because I can't even force myself to finish it. Maybe the second half would have somehow soothed the extreme irritation that I am feeling now, but I can't stick around to find out. Before anyone decides to 'educate' me as to why I may not have enjoyed this one, let me say that I have read the Iliad AND the Odyssey (Achilles is a ghost in this one) so I'm not ignorant of Achilles' foibles and personality. For me, this was not comparable to Mary Renault's books.

Happy Reading!
Monica




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)