Thursday, August 4, 2016

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 by Amy Reeder & Brandon Montclare Review


I am way, way, WAY behind in doing reviews here on the blog! Real life and an honest dose of summer laziness has gotten in the way of me writing up reviews for all of the things that I have been reading and listening to over the last few months. I've had a few lukewarm reads but also a couple of really enjoyable ones as well that I definitely want to give reviews for. I am going to start playing catch up soon-promise! My goal is to get back to regular reviewing in September. We are getting our youngest ready to head off to college so I will have more down time in our soon to be empty nest. Any hoo, on to the short review!

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is a cute story that quickly moves right into the action. The illustrations are wonderful and Lunella has a big personality with plenty of snarkiness. I also enjoyed the quotes from Marie Curie and Neal deGrasse Tyson that were added that apply perfectly to Lunella. However, the one thing that I suspected about myself, and attempting to read these individual comics has confirmed for me, is that I need to buy the bundled comics as graphic novels instead of individual episodes. I just need more of the stories at once instead of the story being parceled out one episode at a time. With that being said, I am surprised and happy to say that I will grab the graphic novel that has 1-6 so I can catch up. If you aren't deep into super heroes and epic storylines that have been going on for decades, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur may be a good comic to start with. 

Happy Reading!
Monica


Lunella Lafayette is a preteen super genius who wants to change the world- but learned the hard way that it takes more than just big brains. Fearful of the monstrous Inhuman genes inside her, life is turned upside down when a savage, red-scaled tyrant is teleported from prehistoric past to a far-flung future we call today. The pair is many things, and together the most amazing Marvel Team-Up. Marvel presents...Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)