Tuesday, May 2, 2017

My Moving TBR

It's PCS (permanent change of station) time for our family and the packers are here! My house is quickly being filled with lots of packing boxes, but I pulled out a few physical books to carry with me on our journey to our next home. I try to treat our moves like an extended vacation to take some of the stress out of the upheaval that can sometimes be a little overwhelming. When I am on vacation I read purely for entertainment and escapism. We will be in transition for about a month, with two road trips in the mix. Arkansas to New Mexico, New Mexico to Colorado and then back to New Mexico. I will have plenty of time on the second half to get some reading done. Maybe. I have an extremely long list of fantasy books that I want to get to and I figured this would be a perfect time to tackle some of these long reads. I did add two of the Smith-Levin books since they are mysteries and I really enjoyed the first one (review to come in my April wrap up) and Red River. I may not get to Red River, but we'll see. I'll also have my handy dandy Kindle with me at all times with lots of romances and some ARCs that I need to read, so I will have plenty of reads to choose from! 

What are your favorite vacation/travel reads? Let me know in the comments, maybe I'll find some new to me titles to add to my list of books to keep an eye out for! The hubby thinks that it's funny that I keep books out because he knows me a little too well! I always check out local thrift stores and indie bookstores where I can when we travel and I rarely come out of those places empty handed. Oh, well-better a bird in the hand!



My Moving TBR









2 comments:

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)