Friday, October 27, 2017

October Book Haul

I am very proud of my book buying restraint this month! Although these aren't all of the books that I bought this month, the others were backlist romances that I bought for ten cents each at a local thrift store. If  you are interested in seeing the goodies that I picked up, check out my Instagram post on @readermonica. If you aren't following me on Instagram, you should! I am pretty active there and post more daily life as well as bookish things there. I have pretty immediate plans for almost everything that I bought this month. Not pictured, but an additional spontaneous book purchase was my current read, Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King. It's really good so far, but I need to have some serious reading time over the next few days in order to be finished and ready to start #nonfictionnovember on Wednesday. I'll have a post all about that on Tuesday! Let me know below if you purchased any exciting books this month, ya'll know I love to see what everyone's reading and buying!




I purchased all of these beauties via the Amazon marketplace. I love ordering through the vendors there and I have been very lucky with most of my purchases. Even when orders aren't quite right or are damaged I usually have good resolutions from them. 

An Extraordinary Union is one that I am saving to read next year. I grabbed the next two books in the Berger & Mitry series that I am thoroughly enjoying, and the big score for me was getting a copy of The Old South. It contains a short story titled A Summer Tragedy that I read a long time ago and really enjoyed. I couldn't for the life of me remember the title, but a member of a Goodreads group that I belong to came through for me and told me the title. I LOVE the book community! 


I had seen The Cooking Gene on Instagram and after checking into it, I knew that I had to get a copy for myself! More on this one in my #nonfictionnovember post next week. 



I was able to get the rest of these books (except The Ministry of Utmost Happiness) for a song at a local used book store that I just visited yesterday. I actually found the Roy book at Goodwill for $2! Yep, it's in perfect condition and a hardback, so that's a big score! I am totally digging Stephen King and I now completely understand why he has such a big following! I probably won't get to Lisey's Story this year, but for $4 for what looks like a brand new hardback, I had to snag it for my collection. I'll definitely get around to it eventually. 

Well, that's it! I hope that you all had a great October. If you are participating in nonfiction November, let me know so that I can make sure to follow you and check out what you will be tackling over the month. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you love your new books! I read Lisey’s Story forever ago, but I remember liking it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AJ. I am slowly becoming addicted to Stephen King!

      Delete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)