Monday, January 29, 2018

2018 #ReadSoulLit PhotoChallenge

Happy Monday y'all! I hope that everyone had a good weekend. I'm getting my January reading together and preparing to do my monthly wrap up, but I am also pulling books from my shelves and getting ideas so that I can participate in this year's #ReadSoulLit Instagram photo challenge. Didi over at @browngirlreading hosts this photo challenge every year over on Instagram and this year's challenge is in honor of African American writers. I participated in the #ReadSoulLit photo challenge for the first time last year and it was a blast. Participating in the daily challenges got me to look at my bookshelves in a new way and I saw how other people interpreted the challenges and presented their photos. Participating in this particular challenge is what helped get me hooked on 'bookstagram'. It helped me to find some awesome readers to follow and enjoy. I'll be posting bookish pictures that fit into the daily challenges. 

Again, if you don't already follow me on Instagram, you SHOULD! ;) I am @readermonica there and I post quite regularly. It is really a lot of fun to interact with other readers there. The people are laid back, friendly, and interactive. The readers are eclectic and read things that I may not have run across on my own. The only negative that I have found is that I want to buy and read even more books. 

Even if you don't participate in the photo challenges follow the hashtag #ReadSoulLit so that you can see all of the photos. The hashtag is used year round and you'll get to see all of the book goodness that is shared. If you join in or are on Instagram and I don't follow you, let me know so that I can! Follow me there and I generally follow back, if for some reason I miss you drop me a message below in the comments!

It's also not too late to join the #ReadSoulLit readalong of Tar Baby by Toni Morrison. You can check out my post to get details here



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)