Monday, September 24, 2018

Feeding the Dragon by Sharon Washington: Review


Once upon a time a little black girl lived above a library... I don't know about you, but imagining that is all that I would ever need to be totally interested in a story. And the best part? It's a true story!

 I listened to this engaging and beautifully told snapshot from Sharon Washington's childhood today and I was absolutely blown away! Feeding The Dragon is a perfect example of a short story told right. Washington manages to allow the listener to feel as if we get a full picture of her family dynamics and challenges during a brief moment in her life. At the end I felt both satisfied with the tale told yet wishing that I had been gifted with more. If you have not seen this Audible original yet, I highly recommend downloading it right away and experiencing this wonderful vignette of a memoir. 

P.S. Ms Washington PLEASE give us a full memoir!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)