Friday, February 1, 2019

#ReadSoulLit 2019 Kick Off

It's my favorite bookish time of the year! #ReadSoulLit photo challenges starts today over on Instagram! This is the only reading/photo challenge that I manage to fully participate in. It's also the one that always contributes the most to my ridiculously long want to read list. It's hosted by Didi from @browngirlreading. You can follow her and get all of the details. It's never too late to join in! If you don't already, follow me on Instagram, I'm @readermonica over there. 

Day 1 is to show your TBR. My list is reasonable and I am pretty sure that I will get through all of these. I don't yet have a copy of Black Leopard, Red Wolf (The Dark Star Trilogy #1) by Marlon James since it isn't out until Tuesday, February 5th. I entered every contest that I saw for this sucker and requested a review copy at least three times and I just wasn't lucky enough to get an ARC. It was a bummer, but I pre-ordered my copy and will be starting it as soon as it comes in. 

My Goodreads group The Black Bookcase will be reading and discussing The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander over the month of February. I am looking forward to the discussion on this one. I'm sure that it will be filled with strong opinions. If you would like to participate just click here to join us. 

Unforgivable Love by Sophfronia Scott is the group read for #ReadSoulLit 2019. It's one I already wanted to read and it'll be even better to follow a discussion along with it. Dinner at Sam's by D.L. White is an audiobook carry over from last month since I didn't get a chance to really start listening to it. I'm also going to try and squeeze in another Easy Rawlins installment. 

If you are participating in #ReadSoulLit let me know in the comments so that I can be sure to follow you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)