Sunday, November 14, 2021

The Long Way Home (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #10) by Louise Penny: Review

 




So...this was not a great one in the series. It focused on Clara, who until this installment, I didn't realize is probably my least favorite character next to her husband Peter; who although missing still manages to cast an annoying presence across the storyline. The only thing that saved this from being a two star rating is Penny's engaging writing that helped move me through a plot that I wasn't very interested in and the last 30 pages or so actually gave me what I often want in this series. I absolutely love the atmospheric storytelling in this series so I'm not giving up on these. As an aside I really hope that Myrna gets more and more page time with hopefully a story that centers around her and her backstory in future books. As the only Black woman in this series and the hints of an interesting history I hope Penny doesn't neglect to continue to fill Myrna's character out as the series continues. I am not looking at the synopsis of future books because I am honestly scared of being disappointed and I want to give each installment a fair shake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)