Friday, December 31, 2021

My Favorite Reads of 2021

 


Yet another year has flown by. I don't know if it's because of the craziness in the world or just me getting older, but it truly feels like the year went by in a blur. I read much slower this year than in previous years, however I experiences some really good stories in 2021. Here are my favorites in the order that I read them and if I have a full review I will link them. 

I'm wishing everyone love, peace, and good stories to take you through 2022!

Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

Monica



Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse: rich worldbuilding and fantastic characters. Review


Murder My Past by Delia Pitts: great PI series with a damaged main character that I want so bad to get in a good place and allow himself to be happy. For some reason I didn't do a full review of this book just that I loved it. You can read my review of book one in this series here


A Promised Land by Barack Obama- Barack Obama, enough said. 


A Master of Djinn by P. Djeli Clark: atmospheric writing and a female protagonist that I can't read enough about. Review


Razorblade Tears by S.A. Cosby: violent, gritty, and from a perspective not everyone will enjoy but I appreciated what this story did. Cosby is a favorite of mine. Review


Warn Me When It's Time by Cheryl A. Head: Charlie Mack is a favorite character and more people need to get on this series. The writing is engaging, the characters realistic, relatable, and fully diverse. This series should be all over the bookish circles. You can read my review of book one here.


All the Lonely People by Mike Gayle: a twist that hit me in my gut and had me in my feelings. Not a perfect book but was perfect for me. Review


Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty: one of the biggest surprises for me and why I love getting an ARC and trying a story I don't initially think would be for me. Review


Revelator by Daryl Gregory: a creepy Southern Gothic tale that had me asking 'what are these folks doing'? all throughout. The audiobook is excellently narrated by Reagan Boggs who made this listening experience outstanding. Review


Will by Will Smith: this is one of my favorite audiobooks of all time. AMAZING audiobook experience. The addition of music, audio movie clips, and Smith's flair made his memoir a blockbuster for me. Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)