Friday, January 7, 2022

Left To Die (Alvarez & Pescoli, #1) by Lisa Jackson: Review

Left To Die

I enjoyed this as a start to a series and liked that Jackson has one of her main characters, Pescoli, dealing with the challenges of being a single mother with a demanding job and facing the hypocrisy of being judged for having a sex life by her male counterparts when she'd be given a slap on the back with a wink if she were a man. The story does feel like something written in 2008 with statement's like "at least it's not rap" from Pescoli when she's complaining that her son has his music blasting. This was eye rolling from me but I will be giving the second book a go to see if I will keep on with the series; especially since I need to know what happens after there is a really big unresolved occurrence at the end.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)