Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dmitry's Closet (The Medlov Crime Family #1) by Latrivia S. Nelson Review


This was a nice start to a series of books all revolving around the Medlov crime family; however the editing of this book was awful. There are quite a lot of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors throughout the e-book edition. I am new to reading interracial romance novels and I have found this to be a common issue among many of the books in the genre. It may have something to do with many being either self published or put out through smaller publishing companies,yet in any case these authors should really put more effort into the editing process. It really turns many potential readers such as myself off and I personally become very frustrated by the middle of the story. I am not sure why this book has not been reedited to make it a smoother and much more enjoyable read, especially since it seems to have been read by many and those readers for the most part have had pretty favorable remarks for the books. If the author/editor would just fix what should be a basic step before releasing a book I would have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone wanting a good quick IR read with a continuing story line. However, the reader must be prepared to overlook many little irritations in order to enjoy the story. After all that I have said I will admit that I have bought and read all of the books in this series because I enjoyed the story line that much, so there you have it folks. I'm complaining but I still enjoyed these books! Even with the issues I stated above they are still on my favorites list!

Happy Reading!

Monica

Amazon 

This series in reading order:

Dmitry's Closet
Royal Flush
Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign
Saving Anya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)