Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain Series #3) by Kristen Ashley Review


Number 3 in the Colorado Mountain Series did not disappoint. The story of Lexi Berry, a 34 year old woman who feels Lady Luck has never been on her side and Ty Walker, a 36 year old half black/half white man who has been convicted of a crime that he did not commit. Lexi is coerced into being the one to pick Ty up when he is released from jail and take him to wherever he wants to go. There's a catch that Lexi was not informed of and she has to marry Ty as well as take him to his destination. Despite her difficult upbringing Lexi has managed to remain compassionate and still reaching for happiness even when things keep happening that would make most people jaded and bitter. Ty on the other hand has hardened and doesn't have the patience, will, or interest in being open with anyone, let alone a woman that a pimp and drug dealer named "Shift" has sent to drive him cross country. Lexi "throws sass" and still manages to be likable while Ty a.k.a. "Mr. Humongo" has to learn how to be a little receptive to caring for and trusting Lexi. 

I enjoyed this installment in the series, but there are a few things that I could have done without. The "b" word in reference to women is generously used and I actually had to look up the term"gash" on Urban Dictionary. I could pretty much infer what it meant, but I wanted to check to see if that was an actual term people use, and unfortunately, it is. Boo! For some reason it seem more vulgar than the "p" word to me, but I may just be old and un-hip. Not that the use of the "b" and "p" words ever kept me from reading something. 

Any way, I am thoroughly enjoying each segment of this series and I am happily moving on to book #4, Breathe. If you haven't read my reviews of the first two books in the series you can read them by clicking  here for Sweet Dreams-book #2 and here for The Gamble-book #1. Over at Good Reads there are some very nice pictures of what the ladies think Ty would look like and here's my favorite, he's just lovely!

Happy Reading!
Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)