Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter Novels Book 1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Review



This was my first Sherrilyn Kenyon book and I am definitely going to keep reading this series.  This paranormal world of Dark Hunters has sucked me in and I enjoyed the world being developed by Kenyon. With the series being well along, I won't have to wait to get further glimpses into the this wonderfully intriguing world of Greek gods, Dark Hunters, Appolites, and Daimons. To date there are 22 books in this series with number 23 being released in September.  

Kyrian, the Dark Hunter featured in this books, was a great main character. However once again I found myself really liking the male lead yet not really liking the main female character that is his soul mate. I didn't find the character of Amanda to be particularly strong, intelligent, or interesting which is a bit disappointing. Yes, Amanda loves Kyrian and will do what is necessary to get her HEA with him, I just didn't feel any particular connection to her.  I will not stop here though because I am very interested in the other characters in the Dark Hunter world. 

Acheron, the leader and protector of all the Dark Hunters is being set up to have a fascinating history along with amazing powers. Talon, an ancient Celt is a Dark Hunter whom I'd like to read more about and his story is book 2 and I love myself an ancient Celt. I know that this world has been further developed and each story feeds into the next so although this wasn't my favorite book I've ever read I can definitely see myself continuing on with the series. Hopefully the female leads will continue to develop and be more appealing to me in the future. Overall a good read, but it is always a shame when I show more interest in the secondary characters of a book than the main couple and their story. 

Happy Reading!
Monica


Book Description:

The Dark-Hunters are ancient warriors who have sworn to protect mankind and the fate of the world is in their hands. . .

 He is solitude. He is darkness. He is the ruler of the night. Yet Kyrian of Thrace has just woken up handcuffed to his worst nightmare: An accountant. Worse, she's being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. And if Amanda Devereaux goes down, then he does too. But it's not just their lives that are hanging in the balance.  Kyrian and Amanda are all that stands between humanity and oblivion. Let's hope they win

Series in reading order:

Night Pleasures (Kyrian and Amanda)
Night Embrace (Talon and Sunshine)
Dance with the Devil (Zarek and Astrid)
Kiss of the Night (Wulf and Cassandra)
Night Play (Vane and Bride)
Seize the Night (Valerius and Tabitha)
Sins of the Night (Alexion and Danger)
Unleash the Night (Wren and Maggie)
Dark Side of the Moon Ravyn and Susan
The Dream-Hunter (Arik and Geary)
Devil May Cry (Sin and Kat )
Upon The Midnight Clear (Aidan and Leta)
Dream Chaser (Xypher and Simone)
Acheron (Acheron and Soteria/Tory)
One Silent Night (Stryker and Zephyra)
Dream Warrior (Jericho and Delphine)
Bad Moon Rising (Fang and Aimee)
No Mercy (Dev and Samia)
Retribution (Sundown and Abigail)
The Guardian (Seth and Lydia)
Time Untime (Ren and Kateri)
Styxx (Styxx and Bethany )
Son of No One (Cadegan and Jo) being released September 2, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)