Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ugly Ways by Tina McElroy Ansa


Today is my first Throwback Thursday! There are tons of older titles that I enjoyed way back in the day, as well as older titles that I am just discovering, that I want to feature here on the blog. Therefore, every Thursday I will feature an oldie but goodie. Ansa has a unique voice and she takes on family dynamics in a wonderfully gripping and honest way. I ate up all of her books in the 1990's and this won't be the only Ansa book that shows up on Thursdays. If you haven't read her work, UGLY WAYS is an excellent one to start with!

Happy Reading!
Monica


he bestselling tale-powerful, compassionate, humorous-of the three Lovejoy sisters reunited in their hometown of Mulberry, Georgia, on the occasion of their mother’s death. As the emotionally scarred Lovejoys prepare for their mother’s funeral, the spirit of the selfish and manipulative Mudear hovers above them, complaining about her daughters’ “ugly ways” in death as she did in life.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE Tina's books!!! Read The Hand I Fan With by her, it's my all time FAVORITE book ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-I loved that one too! It was a toss up as to which one I was going to feature first!

      Delete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)