Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Women of Brewster Place by Gloria Naylor


Today's Throwback Thursday is in honor of Gloria Naylor. I didn't even know that Ms Naylor had passed away on September 28th until this week. Ms Naylor has left a legacy through her writing that anyone would be proud of. There's a short article on the NY Times website that you can find here. I've only read The Women of Brewster Place once, and it was after I had seen the mini series so it's been a very long time. I don't own a copy of this book anymore, so I guess that I will just have to remedy that soon! The mini series was amazing and has a cast of African American women that just makes me beam with happiness to look back upon. I am adding one of my favorite scenes below. It's one of my favorite scenes for many reasons, the biggest being that it features Cicely Tyson. Cicely Tyson is a goddess, so if she's in it, I'm probably loving it! Anyway, if you haven't read the book or seen the mini series do yourself a favor and check it out.

Happy Reading!
Monica



1 comment:

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)