Monday, February 13, 2017

2017 Literary Image Awards Winners Announced

In case you missed it over the weekend, the 48th NAACP Image Awards aired this weekend. Although literary awards are not televised, there are awards given to recognize excellence in books that are written by black authors. There are eight categories ranging from literary fiction to children's fiction. I am featuring some of the adult categories here, but if you are interested in the three that I am not highlighting just click on the above link to see all of the categories, including the ones featured in the award ceremony. I love looking through the long and short lists for literary awards, especially those featuring diversity. I actually found a few titles that I had not seen, which is always exciting. I hope that you find something interesting to add to your TBR here!




OUTSTANDING LITERARY WORK (FICTION)

**Winner: The Book of Harlan by Bernice L. McFadden** (You can read my review here. AND this awesome book is currently only $1.99 for the ebook)

**Nominated**



OUTSTANDING LITERARY WORK (NONFICTION)


**Nominees**



OUTSTANDING LITERARY WORK – DEBUT AUTHOR


**Nominees**

Grace by Natashia Deón  (I recently read Grace and it was a great story. I'll be reviewing it soon) 


OUTSTANDING LITERARY WORK – BIOGRAPHY/AUTOBIOGRAPHY


**Nominees**



OUTSTANDING LITERARY WORK – POETRY


**Nominees**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)