Friday, April 28, 2017

April Book Haul

April was my last full month living in Arkansas, so I hit up my local thrift stores once a week to get some last minute book bargains. The packers come on Monday, so I am officially done book hunting in Arkansas. That's not to say that I won't be meandering through a few thrift stores on our journey to our new home! The next two months are going to be crazy for our family, but it's all part of the adventure that is the military lifestyle. Funnily enough, I don't find the idea of moving again stressful, it is actually pretty exciting. The road trip to the new base, the staying in temporary housing, that's all fine with me. It's the selling our house, that's the stressful part. Once that is taken care of I am golden! Fingers crossed that will happen before we pull out of Arkansas in less than two weeks! Because of the move, things are going to be slower here on the blog, but I will be around. I will be more active on my Instagram account because it's quick and easy. If you don't follow me there, please do! You can find me at @readermonica. If you have read any of these let me know which ones and what you thought! Now, on to the haul!




These three weren't bargain finds. The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth DickinsonKings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames, and Traitor's Blade by Sebastien de Castell are all books that I bought because of other reviewers. I couldn't quite resist getting them.

Bargain Finds
(For the rest of my finds, all of the hardbacks were $2, the trade paperbacks were $1, and the mass market books were fifty cents.)




Roses, Tumbleweeds, and Somerset by Leila Meacham


Run and Bel Canto by Ann Pratchett




Tribute and High Noon by Nora Roberts


1 comment:

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)