Monday, January 4, 2021

Black Sun (Between Earth and Sky #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse: Review

 


Black Sun

I saved Black Sun for my first read of 2021 so that I could start off the year with something that I knew would make me happy and Roanhorse naturally did not disappoint. I was hooked from the beginning and was whispering 'what the hell' from chapter one. Roanhorse writes the kind of fantasy that I really enjoy but I would say that you don't have to be a fantasy fan to enjoy her writing-you only need be a fan of good storytelling. Strong world building and plots as well as fully developed characters are hallmarks of Roanhorse's beautiful writing. There are unresolved cliffhangers at the end of this book but that's alright I can handle it. I highly recommend Black Sun but I would encourage you not to read many detailed reviews and go into this as blind as possible so that you can really enjoy what unfolds.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)