Saturday, September 7, 2013

Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood Humorous Mystery Series) by Ann Charles


As I've said before, I love to find a good series and this one looks like a winner. It is the first in a series of 4 books and a short story. It seems to have a nice following so I am sure that there will be more adventures for  Violet down the line. I am so excited about getting into this series that I have  moved it to the front of the list. I have one book that I need to finish first and then I am all over this one. Right now the eBook is only $0.99 at Amazon and Barnes & Noble so it's a steal, especially since it is a full length book at 376 pages.

Description:

Little girls are vanishing from Deadwood, South Dakota. Fearing her daughter might be next, single mom, Violet Parker, is desperate to find the monster behind the abductions. With her savings dwindling and just three weeks left to sell her first house or lose her Realtor job, Violet is ecstatic when a handsome jeweler hires her to sell his century-old, Victorian masterpiece, until she sees the dilapidated dwelling. Now, if she could just convince her only buyer to stop rejecting vintage homes as if they're haunted. Short on time and long on worry, she refuses to give up her dream of a fresh start in Deadwood. But with a malicious coworker trying to get her fired, a secret admirer sending her creepy messages, and a sexy stranger hiding skeletons in his closet, will Violet end up as one of Deadwood's dearly departed?

You can go to Goodreads here and add it to your want to read list. If you don't have a Goodreads account I highly recommend signing up for one. It's free to sign up and it's a great place to find new and new to you books, other bookish people, and there are many authors who have profiles listed as well. There's a lot of options at Goodreads including groups that you can join for just about any book subject you can think of. Trust me it's a good place to go but you can get sucked in and lose track of time pretty easily over there. 

Series in reading order:

Nearly Departed in Deadwood
Better off Dead in Deadwood (This is $0.99 too!)



2 comments:

  1. I have read the first three books, and I highly recommend this series. It's filled with mystery, romance, suspense, and belling jiggling laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost done with book one and I laughed on page one!

    ReplyDelete

Find Book Goodness (I'm an Amazon Affiliate!)